It takes great care, forethought, and creativity to be truly romantic. If you want to be romantic, then you have to find an unexpected and exciting way to express your affection and devotion to your beloved. It can be tricky to be romantic without feeling corny or insincere, regardless of whether you’re starting a new relationship or trying to keep things fresh with a steady, long-term significant other. While exact strategies may vary from gift-giving to hidden love notes, if you want to be romantic, just remember to be thoughtful and creative while focusing your efforts on the growth of your relationship.
Give thoughtful gifts. Though flowers or chocolate can make almost anyone smile, you can surprise your loved one even more if you give a gift tailored to his or her personality, so it’s something that he or she will really appreciate. This type of gift will be very romantic because it will show that you put a lot of thought into what would make the perfect gift for your special someone. Here are some romantic gift ideas:
- Gifts for a music lover: concert tickets, an iTunes gift card, a new CD, a book about his or her favorite artist or band, a record player with a few records, a DVD of a concert of his/her favorite band, a poster of his/her favorite band, or even a bobble-head of his or her favorite musician.
- Gifts for a sports fan: a signed baseball, basketball, or football, a baseball cap or jersey with his or her favorite team’s logo on it, tickets to a highly sought-after game, a “voucher” for a weekend trip to see a new sports arena, a shout-out on the Jumbotron during a game, or a documentary about your loved one’s favorite athlete.
- Gifts for a food lover: a new cookbook, a subscription to a cooking magazine, a gift card to a new restaurant, a fancy bottle of wine paired with delicious cheese, enrollment in a cooking class, a fancy new cooking tool, or nice new serving bowls.
- Gifts for a fashion lover: a gift card to his or her favorite store, a new outfit from his/her favorite store, a new pair of shoes, tickets to a fashion show, or fashionable accessories.
- Gifts for a book lover: an e-reader, a personalized bookmark, a signed copy or first edition of a book, a gift card to a book store, a surprise trip to a reading by his or her favorite author, or a copy of a rare book.
- Gifts for an outdoor lover: Clothing for his or her favorite activity, whether it’s hiking or mountain biking, sunglasses or binoculars, guidebooks for a new location he or she wanted to visit, or other outdoor gear they’ve wanted, like a new backpack.